Subject: Re: Any Netscape usable on i386?
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Federico Lupi <flupi@mclink.it>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/01/1999 16:07:38
Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi> writes:
> I've been trying to find a working Netscape version fir NetBSD 1.4.1 / i386
> but all versions (FreeBSD/BSDi, 4.6, 4.7) seem to keep crashing all the time.
> I'm downloading the linux version now, but I doubt it will do any good.

I use Communicator 4.61 (BSDI) on NetBSD 1.4.1 and it seems
reasonably stable to me (crashed only once or twice): I have decided
not to upgrade to 4.7. Version 4.5x was very unstable on my PC.
I use no plugins.

The only problems that occurs from time to time is that Netscape
seems to become unresponsive for some seconds (eg. 10-30 seconds) but
then comes to life again.

> It seems that some specific WWW sites make Netscape crash almost immediately.
> Too bad these sites are the ones we'd like to read every day...

Can you give me an example to test?

Regards,
Federico Lupi