Subject: Syslogd stops receiving external logs
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Beard <sabeard@optelnow.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/30/1999 23:07:18
I am running NetBSD 1.4 as a syslog server for several network devices.
I have noticed that I have seen the syslog damon stop receiving request
from the network devices.  I can tell from TCPDUMP that the NetBSD box
is still receiving the packets, but it is not archiving them into the
files the syslog.conf file is directing the logging information to.

I noticed this started sometime after I began running the SETI@home
client on this box.  I am not sure if this is a culprit yet, but thought
I would ask and see if anyone had an idea.  I will try to gather as much
info about the set up as I can if you ask.  Right now I am just looking
for an idea as to where to look first.

Thanks
Scott Beard