Subject: Re: IBM ThinkPad 770?
To: John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington.ma.us>
From: Ernst J. du Toit <et1@attglobal.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/23/1999 14:22:48
Hi

I think IBM announced that the 600(E?) is going to be LINUX certified... but
the ones I've seen have a MWAVE DSP for sound and modem functions. Since IBM
has not said anything on supporting anything but Redmond for MWAVE I guess
you'll have a silent machine and a pccard modem.

The display is neomagic based to X should be fine and the trackpoint's blue
button is a great middle button in X. The 600 is a much nicer machine than the
770 especially if you carry the thing over your shoulder for long periods! :-)