Subject: Re: ATAPI ZIP 100 doesn't probe in 1.4.1?
To: Scott Presnell <srp@zgi.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/22/1999 13:22:08
On Thu, Oct 21, 1999 at 04:59:36PM -0700, Scott Presnell wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> 	I have a Pentium 233Mhz on an AN430TX motherboard
> It has a hardrive on the primary master, a CDR on the
> secondary master and a ZIP 100 on the secondary slave.
> I include the boottime dmesg below.
>
> The Zip 100 isn't probing.  Are there any known problems
> with zips probing under 1.4.1?  Anything I can check/try
> to get it to probe?

Maybe change the ZIP to be the master and CDR slave ?
In some IOMEGA docs I got it was recommended to put the ZIP as
master because some other ATAPI device behave badly when master with a
slave.
However I'd be interested in getting the boot messages with
the variable wdcdebug_mask and wdcdebug_atapi_mask set to 0x10 for your
current setup:
gdb --write /netbsd
set wdcdebug_mask=0x10
set wdcdebug_atapi_mask=0x10