Subject: Re: old 386sx & NetBSD 1.4.1
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@oreilly.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/22/1999 01:21:42
grunza@ulticom.com (Steven Grunza) writes:
>I'm not sure if my machine is 1.4 or 1.4.1 but with a 16MHz 386SX, 8MB
>of RAM, and 6.4 GB of disk, I couldn't generate a new kernel.  The newer
>gcc (or egcs, I forget which it is) needs a _LOT_ more memory and caused
>my system to swap itself to a stand still.

Hmm, I've compiled a post 1.4 -current kernel and userland on my 8MB 486-66
laptop a while ago.  While it wasn't particularly fast, it *did* complete.

--
Christoph Badura					www.netbsd.org

	Anything that can be done in O(N) can be done in O(N^2).
	-- Ralf Schuettau (after looking at a particular piece of code)