Subject: Re: The GIMP
To: David Brownlee <abs@mono.org>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/21/1999 10:47:43
On Thu, Oct 21, 1999 at 02:40:25PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	I'm sure others have already informed you about pkgsrc :)
>
> 	Just a quick question for people - whwre do you think we could
> 	put additional notes about pkgsrc to better direct people towards
> 	it when they want to install third party software?

I say we put a message that shows up every time you run 'tar', to catch
those silly people who insist on extracting things by hand.  ;-)

Seriously, I think step #1 would be to have sysinst install pkgsrc
optionally, as it does for base, comp, etc...

I can easily see someone doing an install and never knowing pkgsrc
exists...

All this stuff in twice the space would only look half as bad!
					      - me