Subject: Re: PCI enumeration (was: ne2000 PCMCIA not working as PCMCIA either.)
To: Takahiro Kambe <taca@sky.yamashina.kyoto.jp>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/18/1999 01:28:54
>My laptop, Panasonic CF-M33 also can't attach USB without Hayakawa's
>patch.  And, this note PC seems that it dose not allocate resources for
>USB, even if "Plug and Play OS" to "No".

Thanks for the information; I had feared this was going to happen
eventually (a PC which doesn't do the right thing when "Plug and
Play OS" was set to no).  I was hoping in Jonathan's case it would
get him going.

>It mighgt be something broken BIOS, but this type of PC exists.

I believe the opinion is divided as to whether or not the BIOS is
required to do this.

--Ken