Subject: Re: MiroTV Card - bktr0
To: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/16/1999 15:11:16
Bernd Ernesti writes:
> On Sat Oct 16 19:29:16 1999, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> >
> > G'day all,
> >
> > I've this MiroPCTV card stuck in my machine and thought that it
> > was time to become adventures and re-activate this gadget.
> [..]
> > hotdog# fxtv
> > mmap of driver buffer failed: Invalid argument
>
> Your kernel driver is too old. Get a newer one from:
>
> ftp://telepresence.dmem.strath.ac.uk/pub/bt848/driver/1.74/
>
> And no, before you ask. This version won't make it into the
> official netbsd tree. It is not bus_space save so it won't
> run on the alpha or on non i386 pci systems.
> We first need to fix that, but we should work on the version v2.x
> which needs more work to get it run on NetBSD.

This driver doesn't include some required files like these:
dev/pci/meteorvar.h
dev/pci/bt848var.h
dev/pci/bt848reg.h

Where would these files come from?  There is nothing like this
in NetBSD by default, nor at the above URL.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.