Subject: Re: Matrox G200 AGP no go?
To: Sean Doran <smd@ebone.net>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/16/1999 14:52:14
> The pair of cards could be the problem.  The MGA AGP card
> Just Works, both with the xsrc.tar.gz from ftp.netbsd.org,
> and (at least under -current) with the snapshot from
> ftp.x.org.
>
> See below.  Note "Matrox MGA G200 AGP rev 1".)

Umm, do you think your XF86Config would work with the XFree version
that comes with NetBSD 1.4.1?

I got the Matrox working - kind of.  I pulled it out the system and re-
inserted it, wiggled it back and forth etc. and after a reboot, I got
console there.  Then I started fighting with XFree, but can't get a good
display mode working (don't know if it's my Nokia or the Matrox).  I also
lost my console display - it seems the syncs have been turned off and the
monitor goes into power saving mode.

I built XF86Setup, but I get no picture on screen (still in power save)
when I run it...

Argh ;-)

  -jm