Subject: Re: XF86: Neomagic vs. wsmouse, help?
From: Alex van Denzel <alx@adenzel.demon.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/15/1999 20:29:49
Jonathan Stone wrote:

> Now I'm stuck getting an Xserver configured for the NeoMagic chip.
> I tried both the 1.4.1 3.3.3.1 and the Xfree86.org 3.3.5

Here is a part of the web-page of NeoMagic
(http://www.neomagic.com/products.html, click on "Notebook Users Tech
Support"):

---SNIP---
Commercial Linux/Unix/X-Windows:
Xi Graphics offers commercial NeoMagic compatible drivers. NeoMagic
Corporation is not affiliated with Xi Graphics, and cannot attest to the
suitability
of their products for your needs. However, contact information is
provided as a service to end users seeking a commercially available
solution.

Please contact Xi Graphics for X drivers at www.xig.com or (303)
298-7478

X Servers for Linux/Unix
NeoMagic has provided specifications to Precision Insight Inc. to allow
them to create X Servers for the entire family of NeoMagic portable
multimedia
accelerators. The Linux development project was funded by Red Hat Inc.
to create the "XFCom_neomagic" X Server. All support questions for that
Server should be directed to: XFCom_support@redhat.com.

NeoMagic cannot attest to the suitability of this X Server for your
needs, and offers this information solely as a referral service to end
users seeking an
X Server solution.

The source code for these drivers has been donated to The XFree86
Project and are available from that organization in their current 3.3.3
version of
XFree86. Please check their web site for information about the current
version of their X Server at http://www.xfree86.org

The X Servers are available now for free download in binary format at:

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/XFCom/

OR

ftp://ftp.precisioninsight.com/pub/pi/XFCom/

The X Servers will be available from these sites until they are released
by The XFree86 Project.

For information about NeoMagic X Servers for other Unix or UNIX-like
operating systems please check directly with Precision Insight at:

http://www.precisioninsight.com
---SNIP---

Greetings, Alex