Subject: Re: wd0d
To: None <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Marc Schneiders <marc@oldserver.demon.NL>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/13/1999 03:05:10
On Tue, 12 Oct 1999 seebs@plethora.net wrote:

> In message <Pine.BSF.4.10.9910130230480.22625-100000@propro.oldserver.demon.nl>
> , Marc Schneiders writes:
> >Is it not possible to cut it up in two bsd-slices for more partitions?
>
> I think slices are unique to FreeBSD.  Neither NetBSD nor BSD/OS appears to
> have them.  Shame, too... Although they are sorta ugly.

Yes, I think I can see that now. I've obviously never tried to share a
disk between NetBSD and another OS :-) Sorry.
It works fine in FreeBSD, even if ugly.

B.t.w. I recently tried to get NetBSD installed on two small old
harddisks, as each was to small for the whole system. That didn't seem
possible, at least not with normal install floppy setup, which wanted
to deal with one only. Is this a related problem? It isn't, is it?

--
Marc Schneiders          ||
marc@venster.nl          ||  Null message body;