Subject: Re: wd0d
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/12/1999 19:44:47
In message <Pine.SOL.3.96.991012172951.10863N-100000@marcy.nas.nasa.gov>, Bill
Studenmund writes:
>On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Peter Seebach wrote:
>> I'm starting to suspect that I'm just Not Allowed to use wd0d for anything,
>> am I?  No matter what disklabel shows for it, it always looks like it's
>> giving me "the raw disk".

>Uhm, that's because the "d" partition serves the same purpose on i386 as
>the "c" partition on all other platforms. :-)

I know.  If we're going to invent even *more* dedicated use partitions, we
really need more than 8.  Ideally, I wanted to have two or three OS's on
the disk, and use "extra" partitions for sharing.

I think it's a bug for disksetup to let you "set" wd0d to something, and
not honor the setting.  I'll send-pr it in a bit (my machine isn't quite
back up, I'm merging /usr and /var, as that's the "least" damaging option.)

-s