Subject: CardBus Patches and 100baseT+56Kb PCMCIA combo card support
From: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@cyberstation.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/10/1999 00:39:51
--------------F81B21E782C097B827E5C394

Greetings:

I recently downloaded what appears to be the latest CardBus patches from:

	ftp://nandra.iri.co.jp/pub/NetBSD/CardBus/

and obtained the file:

	CardBus-1.4-990909.tar.gz

And tried unsuccessfully to apply the patch the i386 NetBSD 1.4.1 kernel.
In the CARDBUS readme file, it states:

"Move to the top directory of NetBSD-1.4 kernel source and apply the patch."

Which directory is this?  I've tried unsuccessfully to apply the patch in:
"/usr/src", "/usr/src/sys", "/usr/src/sys/arch", "/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf",
and "/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/CARDBUS".  Could it be that I am using
the 1.4.1 kernel?  Is there a newer patch for 1.4.1?

Also, has anyone been able to sucessfully use any 100baseT PCMCIA ethernet
cards under NetBSD with or without the CardBus patches?  What about a combo
100baseT + 56kb ethernet/modem PCMCIA card?

I have a few combo 100baseT+56Kb cardbus PCMCIA cards including the 3Com-
Megahertz 3CCFEM556B and the Xircom CBEM56G-100BTX, which I wish to use
with NetBSD.  In fact since the sub-notebooks my company uses only have
single PCMCIA type II slots, and since my office uses a 100baseT ethernet
LAN, and since these laptops also require modems when on the road, I am in
great need of a combo card that runs under NetBSD.

In fact if there are any combo 100baseT+56Kb PCMCIA cards that can be made
to work with NetBSD, I would appreciate knowing which ones they are so that
I use them, and even buy them if I don't already have them.

Thanks in advance.  Sincerely, Alicia.
--------------F81B21E782C097B827E5C394

begin:          vcard
fn:             Alicia da Conceicao
n:              da Conceicao;Alicia
org:            Cyberstation Inc.
adr:            65 Queen Street West,;;Suite 2000 (PO Box 8);Toronto;Ontario;M5H2M5;Canada
email;internet: alicia@cyberstation.ca
title:          VP of Technology
tel;work:       416-860-9378
tel;fax:        416-860-9380