Subject: Re: wskbd probe
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/04/1999 09:25:00
> Can you tell the _exact_ boot messages?

Here is the dmesg with non-ISA/wscons stuff removed (actually, I did
remove the wsdisplay stuff).

NetBSD 1.4.1 (BACKUP) #0: Sat Oct  2 01:27:25 EDT 1999
    briggs@backup:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/BACKUP
cpu0: family 5 model 6 step 2
cpu0: AMD K6 (586-class)
mainbus0 (root)
pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0: configuration mode 1
pci0: i/o enabled, memory enabled
pcib0 at pci0 dev 7 function 0
pcib0: VIA Technologies VT82C586 (Apollo VP) PCI-ISA Bridge (rev. 0x41)
isa0 at pcib0
com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4: ns16550a, working fifo
com1 at isa0 port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3: ns16550a, working fifo
lpt0 at isa0 port 0x378-0x37b irq 7
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60-0x64
pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard
opmsprobe: command error
pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
sysbeep0 at pcppi0
isapnp0 at isa0 port 0x279: ISA Plug 'n Play device support
npx0 at isa0 port 0xf0-0xff: using exception 16
isapnp0: no ISA Plug 'n Play devices found
biomask c000 netmask c800 ttymask c882
wscons: wskbd0 glued to wsdisplay0 (console)
pckbcintr: no dev for slot 1
pckbc: command timeout

> interesting whether a PS/2 mouse was attached. (Or is it
> an old box wothout a PS/s mouse port? Do you know what
> keyboard controller it is?)

There is a mouse port, but it is unused (nothing plugged in).  I do
not know what keyboard controller it is.  I can try to find out if
that would be useful.

> > 	pckbcintr: no dev for slot 1
> "slot 1" is the mouse port. The keyboard controller sets
> the status bit which makes the driver believe that
> the data byte came from the mouse. Strange.

Is the 1 in 'using irq 1 for kbd slot' different than the 1 in
'no dev for slot 1'?  Is the mouse slot uninitialized?

-allen