Subject: Re: Linux Communicator 4.7 SIGSEGV, anybody manage to get it to run under NetBSD?
To: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@cyberstation.ca>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@Norway.EU.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/04/1999 07:40:52
Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@cyberstation.ca> writes:

> SuSE is currently at version 6.2.  Which version are you running?
> Are there any newer versions of Linux library files I can download
> that will properly run the Linux port of Netscape Communicator
> version 4.7?

It's been a while since I set up Linux compatibility here, and I've
upgraded NetBSD many times since then (right now, I'm running -current
from a few weeks back), and I've never had problems.  I upgraded to
Netscape 4.7 a few days ago, and it's working fine.

All I did was follow the instructions in 'man compat_linux', including
fetching the library package for FreeBSD that was mentioned there.  As
for Netscape, I fetched the one for older Linux, on ftp.netscape.com in
/pub/communicator/english/4.7/unix/unsupported/linux12/complete_install/
and it works like a charm.

(Incidentally: your messages would be easier to read for those of us
not using Netscape to read mail if you'd ditch that VCARD thingummy.)

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"