Subject: x color wierdness in 1.4.1
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org, netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Wenchi Liao <wliao@midway.uchicago.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/30/1999 13:29:44
I just moved my X and userland binaries to 1.4.1 (was
running 1.4.1 kernel with 1.4 binaries) on i386.

If I start x via xdm, the color of the text in the other
virtual consoles changes to this ugly pink thing. If I quit
out of x (shutdown now), the text becomes black. Kernel messges
appear as high intensity white.

If I start x with startx, the color of the text changes
like above, but quitting startx doesn't make the text turn
black. Instead, it turns purple.

I've tried installing ncurses and set the console term type
to pcansi (and a couple of others, but pcansi seems to work
best), and resetting the terminal in an effort to get the
color back to normal, but no dice. Setting the terminal to
a no color term doesn't help, either.

The kernel is GENERIC sans scsi/pcmcia, etc. This happens
when I'm using 1.4 or 1.4.1 binaries, but only when I use
1.4.1 kernel.

Any suggestions?

WL