Subject: Re: Booting NetBSD 1.4.1 from floppy
To: Claude Marinier <claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/27/1999 15:39:30
	Since this is i386 specific the best place to ask this question
	would be on port-i386@netbsd.org

	If you are paranoid then one thing you could do would be to boot
	into NetBSD and run
		'dd if=/dev/wd0d of=/root/save bs=32k count=1'
	which saves the first 32k of the primary disk to /root/save
	You can then test a boot loader, and if you have any problems
	run
		'dd if=/root/save of=/dev/wd0d'
	to restore the boot area of the first disk :)

	2) is a partitcularly good idea - there should really be an
	easy way to produce custom boot blocks - could you submit
	a PR on that?

		David/absolute

	Abandoning a syncing disk... or syncing an abandoned disk?