Subject: 3com 3c905B-tx strange behaviour
To: 'port-i386@netbsd.org' <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Tony Hernandez <tony.hernandez@intellon.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/24/1999 10:33:41
I just got a 3com card and I put it on a 10baseT network. It seems to not be
working at all with the GENERIC kernel. dmesg finds this device and reports
that it is ' configured '. The network starts up and everything BUT ... the
link on the back of the card is orange instead of green. I cant ping anyone.
I can ping myself after retrying several times. I tried to use the 'media'
option in ifconfig but it returns SCIOIFMEDIA device not configured .. or
something tp that extent. I f dont use the media option it acts as if its
bringing it up with no errors. but It does not work ... whats up ?

cheers

 --
Tony Hernandez
*NIX <> MCP <> A+ <> Workstation Admin