Subject: Re: xdm
To: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
From: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/23/1999 21:28:06

> Make sure you have wscons set to YES in /etc/rc.conf and that
> wscons contains a line
>
> screen 4	-	-
>
> and that ttyE4 is disabled in /etc/ttys (status set to off, line starting
> with ttyE4 doesn't exist or is commented out).
>
> BTW: If you want X on an other wscons screen than 4, you have to
> change the Xservers line in the xdm configuration directory.
> (commandline option vt for the X-Server, be aware that vt numbering
>  starts from 1, so that vt1 maches ttyE0).
> --
> Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.

  Thanks a lot,

  I got xdm working now.  The only change I made was that wscons=YES
in the /etc/rc.conf.  It's strange; I have that set to no in my 68k
bsd machine and it works.  It does exhibit some strange behavior somtimes,
though.  Maybe I should change wscons=YES on the 68k machine, too.

    Guy

Guy Santiglia  Quadra 610, 50 MHZ, NetBSD 1.4!
South Korea