Subject: Re: -mpentium-pro stable?
To: None <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Sean Doran <smd@sean.ebone.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/22/1999 15:00:51
| >> CFLAGS?=      -O3 -march=i686 -mfancy-math-387
|
| Weird.  If I do this, 'crt0.o' gets built wrong, without a ___start in
| it, presumably because the compiler realizes it can optimize ___start away
| because "nothing calls it".
|
| If I override csu's Makefile to say "CFLAGS=-O2", it's fine.

What if you do -fkeep-inline-functions instead of "CFLAGS=-O2" in the
same Makefile?

(Another approach which worked for me when I got bit by this was
to remove the "static" before the prototype and definition of
___start in crt0.o.   I figure that if it's needed outside the module,
it shouldn't be static in the first place, no?)

	Sean.