Subject: Re: svgalib or compatible library??
To: None <magick@bundy.lip.owl.de>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/22/1999 08:54:34
   In article <199908220317.XAA15084@anduin.eldar.org>,
	   Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org> writes:

   > Does anyone know of a svgalib port to NetBSD/i386 exists or a compatible
   > library, perhaps??  [I thought that the FreeBSD folks have one]
   >
   > Hexen has been ported to Linux, but a X version does not seem to exist,
   > only one that uses svgalib.  [Heretic is better in this regard].
   >
   > Just wanting to run a classic game....

   Last time i tried it, the linux-svgalib did work. I played xmame-svga for
   better speed than the X version.
   As you've only got the linux binary you'll have to use the linux-lib anyway.

Actually, I was compiling Hexen from source, which is available.  It just
wants svgalib, which I was not sure about.

   P.S.: My last experiments with svga-lib were with PCCONS. Didn't try it with
   wscons yet.

Me nether...  I did try svgadoom sometime back, but not lately.

   --
   Mario Kemper
   magick@bundy.lip.owl.de

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org   http://anduin.eldar.org