Subject: Re: mysterious reboots
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/19/1999 22:51:27
Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi> writes:
> I wonder how long it will take.. We're still running 1.3.3 because of the
> bugs in 1.4 and because 1.4.1 still hasn't been released.  I guess this is
> because the developers never run a release version, so they just don't care..
> but there must be regular users like us who want to run release versions,
> so *please* ... ;-)

Actually, there are developers who run pretty much nothing but release
code (or release-branch code).  I'm one.  However, for various reasons
(despite my work to help get fixes on to the release branch), I'm
_not_ going to be the person to drive getting 1.4.1 out the door.

In fact, there are some vocal developers who've said things which
indicate the exact sentiment that you guess at, so I think there's a
problem in that regard... but it's not the problem holding 1.4.1
back.  8-)

cgd