Subject: NetBSD ELF and shared library's
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <tony.hernandez@intellon.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/14/1999 17:17:52
So , I see that NetBSD will be ELF from now on. Will all the common library
paths be included with it ? Since it does not require ldconfig and
/etc/ld.so.conf < which I'm pretty cumfy with :( > I also use Solaris < I know ,
I Know dont remind me .. > And its ELF and alott of times I have to create like
a ton on links to everything in /usr/local/lib to /usr/lib when trying to run
some programs . Will this be the same in NetBSD ?  Solaris gets full of links
EVERYWHERE I'd hate to see netBSD getting all messy like that too.. Are my
concerns unwarranted ?

cheers !
--
Tony Hernandez