Subject: Re: PCMCIA IBM Token-Ring does not work
To: Wada Keiji <keiji@hiemalis.org>
From: Ernst J. du Toit <et1@ibm.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/07/1999 22:47:48
Hi

I'm in a similar position, I've got an IBM Turbo 16/4 Token Ring PCMCIA
card. The card probes under NetBSD as: IBM, Token Ring, 85H3636,
B3ENIPSKJRT (manufacturer 0xa4, product 0x1e)
This is hand transcribed, so might contain errors.

Interestingly Linux attaches the card as an ISA PnP 16/4 Adapter A (Short)
or 16/4 ISA-16 Adapter, and it works quite well under SuSE 6.1.

Looking through the tr driver code in NetBSD 1.4, there is support for the
ISA cards, I'm running it at the office and had no problems at all. So a
driver is not too impossible, just as Christoph said we need a PCMCIA
front-end, etc.

--et