Subject: Re: Hello from ACPI4Linux...
To: Simon Richter <geier@phobos.fachschaften.tu-muenchen.de>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/04/1999 14:36:09
Simon Richter <geier@phobos.fachschaften.tu-muenchen.de> writes:

> We are wondering whether a similar thing is under way for NetBSD

I really don't know about this, but I'm interested in having it done
(which might not equal doing it :-) What is the status on the linux
front? How much is working? What about other os:es? The only other
project I know is the one for FreeBSD (which didn't do much the last
time I checked).

> if it would be possible to synchronize our efforts (common API,
> common support library code).

That would probably be a good idea, but forgive my ignorance, how much
of this do you think can be shared between different os classes? The
AML interpreter?

/Johan