Subject: Re: ROMable NetBSD?
To: Grant Stockly <gussie@stockly.com>
From: Diana Eichert <deichert@wrench.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/03/1999 08:52:49
if you can add an IDE controller, you could use this IDE-Flash adapter
that is available from:

http://www.tapr.org/tapr/html/kitsf.html

there is some other interesting things here also.

tapr - Tuscon Amateur Packet Radio

it would be extra overhead but this way you could devlope everything
using an IDE hard driver then move it to a Flash disk.

diana

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Grant Stockly wrote:

> Is there a way to put NetBSD in ROM?
>
> I'm working on designing my own embedded computer and want to use NetBSD
> for it.
>
> I have a set of binaries including the kernel and all necessary files.  I'd
> like to burn that in ROM or to FLASH and then have it access a hard drive.
>
> Since I'm writing my own BIOS I could try to emulate an IDE controller
> using flash, but that is NOT something I want to do right now.  :)
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Grant

Diana Eichert
deichert@wrench.com