Subject: Re: Laptop hell...
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/30/1999 20:52:19
In message <199907310122.SAA15900@lestat.nas.nasa.gov>, Jason Thorpe writes:
>Yes, I have one of these boxes.  It works quite well.  I *really* like it :-)

Cool!

>The trick is that the "wss" device isn't actually at IRQ 10.  It's really
>at irq 5.  For completeness, my "dmesg" output is below.

How do I force it to probe that way, then?  Do I need a custom kernel?

Basically, this is me against the most amazing talent for inspiring computer
failures I've ever known; my friend has so far had plain old NetBSD, doing
nothing special, explode in various ways, corrupt BIOS settings, and so on.
I don't necessarily think the machine is at fault - this happens to him on
*everything*.  :)

-s