Subject: boot-unstr?.fs info
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/29/1999 09:28:38
I'm in the middle of making some packages to create bootable,
"official" NetBSD CD-ROMs.  (Yep, I've finally actually started on
it!)

For this to be truly useful, IMHO it should be possible to make a
bootable CD for an i386 on a sparc, etc.  That means that the package
can't do much actual compiling of the boot images that it's putting on
the CD's.  So, ultimately, it would be nice to just download the boot
images from ftp.netbsd.org.

Now, given the choice between boot-unstr.fs and boot.fs, I think it's
clear that boot-unstr is a better choice.  What I want to know,
though, is how can I reassemble boot-unstr1.fs and boot-unstr2.fs into
a boot-unstr.fs which is suitable for burning on an El Torito CD?  Can
I just use cat?

I poked around in distrib a little bit, but I wasn't getting anywhere,
and I thought maybe somebody here would know off the top of their
head.

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                          cjones@honors.montana.edu