Subject: Re: Two (unrelated, I hope) problems with MS-DOS filesystems...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org, seebs@plethora.net>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/29/1999 17:36:00
Hi,

> The reason I'd asked about mounting a disk-based MS-DOS filesystem is that,
> of course, my various compact flash cards all work beautifully on the same
> machine running Windows... So, if worst came to worst (and it would be
> pretty bad), I could just copy the files that way - if I could get that
> filesystem to mount.

Hmm, you might want to have a look at mbrlabel(8).  It's a little utility
that allows access to partitions on disks having a MS-DOS type partition
table without the need for a *BSD disklabel.  It works (should work?) on
all ports, too :-).

BTW, I'm not sure whether the hack described in the BUGS section is still
needed.  ISTR some modification to (at least some) disk drivers that
seemed to make this unneccessary.  Maybe it's platform specific?  Anyone?

Ciao,
Wolfgang
--
ws@TooLs.DE     (Wolfgang Solfrank, TooLs GmbH) 	+49-228-985800