Subject: Re: wi driver issues [was Re: driver for Lucent WaveLan/IEEE 802.11 committed]
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/20/1999 11:35:04
On Thu, Jul 15, 1999 at 10:58:06AM +0200, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:
> With some prompting by Christian Hopps, I ported Bill Paul's FreeBSD
> `wi' driver for the Lucent WaveLan/IEEE 802.11 wireless networking
> PCMCIA card to NetBSD-current.
>
> It's been (very) minimally tested in the bar at the IETF hotel in
> "ad-hoc" mode, and has not been tested against base stations.

Heh, that explains some things...

We (the OpenBSD gang at the IETF) had a WaveLAN gateway setup with a
RFC1918 DHCP-contolled net on the wi0 side.  As our port of the
wpaul's driver too was experimental and we were also experimenting
with bridging, we tcpdumped a bit, and got traffic from unknown
sources at times.  I bet that was you guys :-)  Did you ever run
dhclient on them and got some 10.0.0.* addresses?  If you did you know
why now :-)

Ok, just wanted to tell the story.

Bye,
Niklas