Subject: Re: wi driver issues [was Re: driver for Lucent WaveLan/IEEE 802.11 committed]
To: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/20/1999 10:46:40
Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us> writes:

> 2.  Suspend mode on the laptop doesn't seem to work correctly once wi0
>     is probed;  calling apm suspend seems to put it in Standby mode
>     instead.  (Which, incidentally, seems to be broken on this machine;
>     it may or may not be related to PR 6279 ... I've put the patch in,
>     which seems to clear up the suspend problem, but...)  It's calling
>     apm_suspend, because /etc/apm/suspend gets called, but the mode
>     behaves more like standby...

This is not really related to 6279. The IBM laptop people thinks that
you shouldn't suspend your computer if there is power applied to any
of the pcmcia sockets. The reason for this is that the operating
system might not be able to restore the state of the pcmcia device. I
guess this means that w98 doesn't.

In my apm/suspend I ifconfig down all interfaces, and then up then in
after resume.

/Johan