Subject: Re: Locked into control characters with wscons...
To: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zel459.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/16/1999 11:01:54
darkstar@pgh.net said:
>   Occasionally wscons seems to lock into a strange mode where it
> interprets every character as a control character.

What does this mean - does every keypress deliver a control
character (if yes, which), or are outgoing characters interpreted
in a wrong way by the screen (ie therminal emulation) part?

One thing I could imagine is that the "CTL" or the "ALT" key
gets stuck somehow - does it look so? Does it happen in connection
with screen switching? Is X running?

I'm running -current on a Thinkpad 390 and didn't see problems
with wscons or X so far. (except that horizontal moves sometimes
leave garbage on the X screen, but this is obviously a Neomagic
X server buglet)

best regards
Matthias