Subject: Locked into control characters with wscons...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/16/1999 03:20:57
  On a ThinkPad 360P running 1.4:

  Occasionally wscons seems to lock into a strange mode where it
interprets every character as a control character.  This happened more
often with 1.4_ALPHA, but still happens occasionally under 1.4.  Since I'm
not connected to any other local machine, the only thing I can tell to do
is power off and restart.  I don't think this is a hardware problem since
a) I've never had it happen under Win95 (though I don't use that too much
:) ) and b) I also had it happen a few times on my desktop during
1.4_ALPHA (though that is also an old IBM PS/2 keyboard).

  Has this happened to anyone else?

  Is there anything I can do about it?

  I'd hate to file a PR on it since it is not at all reproduceable and so
would not be terribly usefull to anyone (and would probably never be
closed). Most of the time it happens when I'm in pine in a telnet session,
but it has happened at other seemingly arbitrary times also.

  I would like to say thanks to everyone who worked on wscons.  Even
with this small problem it works much better on this system then PCVT
(which hung the system when X was started).

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@pgh.net