Subject: Standard serial mouse at com0
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Sienicki <mike@cpdist.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/13/1999 09:28:09
Dear Port-i386,

What is the correct way of configuring a new kernel (I know how to build a
new kernel) and XF86Config so that a standard two button serial mouse
connected to the $03f8/irq4 port (com0) will work in X-11.  When I attempt
to "startx" it appears to initialize the video stuff and fonts ok, but,
then complains something about "mouse (no file or directory)". I am new to
NetBSD on the i386 so help would be greatly appreciated. I tried to find
something on this in FAQ's and in the older mailing lists, but, I'm too
confused.  8^(

--Video Mike--