Subject: Re: steps to upgrade to ELF (was Re: NOTICE: i386 port switched to
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/07/1999 13:41:25
Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com> typed:
:3)  setenv DESTDIR /../.
:    setenv OBJECT_FMT ELF
:
:	(I don't know why, but I did not have to use /../../.
:	to back up two levels from /emul/aout;  just /../. worked
:	fine.)

``/..'' was fine for me.  It's just special magic not actually referring
to the /emul/{aout,*}/ directories, isn't it.

:6.5) cd /usr/src/gnu/lib/libbfd && make cleandir && make bfd.h
:     # (at least if you're going from straight 1.4)
:
:     I didn't have to do this step, but it might be necessary if
:     you're starting at 1.4;  I started from last week's -current

You don't have to do this if you have fairly recent obj around.  If you
don't have libbfd obj (and maybe libgcc) you'll probably be in major
trouble later (like I was - I gave up after rolling back gcc/gas/ld/..
too many times and just grabbed comp.tgz and base.tgz and have been
running smoothly since).

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing : <gcw@pobox.com>     Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/