Subject: Re: NOTICE: i386 port switched to ELF binary format (Package question)
To: Scott Ellis <scotte@warped.com>
From: Scott Bartram <scottb@iis.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/05/1999 18:49:36
--------------D7C97C91CDDC3F0D413B06D1

Simon Gerraty and I are actively working on the 1.2 port for i386. The
likely order of events (unless someone else helps out) is as follows:

1. finish jdk-1.2/i386 port to 1.4/a.out
2. port (recompile?) jdk-1.2/i386 for ELF
3. update jdk-1.1.6/i386 port to jdk-1.1.8
4. port jdk-1.2 to other archs

Scott

Scott Ellis wrote:

> From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
> > I have found no problems so far with any packages, things should just
> > work with the ELF binary format. I have not tried all packages, though.
>
> Has anyone built the Java 1.1.8 JDK package in ELF format? (Or even better,
> gotten the 1.2 JDK to build?).  This is one of the few binary-only packages
> that we have (and that I use), and I'd like to find a way to get a.out out
> of my system if at all possible. ;-)
>
>     Scott
--------------D7C97C91CDDC3F0D413B06D1

begin:vcard