Subject: Re: NOTICE: i386 port switched to ELF binary format
To: Gary Duzan <gary@wheel.tiac.net>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/05/1999 11:30:07
Hmmm.  I didn't have any problems like that.  I'm in the middle now of
updating from source (using Frank's instructions), and so far everything
is going smoothly!

(I'm about to install the new toolchain...  I think I'll make a backup
first, just in case!)

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Gary Duzan wrote:

>    A little experimentation shows that a little tweaking of the
> /etc/ld.so.conf and a "ldconfig -S" can help getting old a.out
> binaries working after the upgrade. Without it I kept getting
> "Invalid file format" or some such thing from "ld.so" when running
> a.out binaries. It also didn't seem to like using
> /emul/aout/usr/libexec/ld.so; without /usr/libexec/ld.so I would
> get "No ld.so" messages.

| Paul Goyette      | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:   | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Engineer  |   BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker |   91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  pgoyette@juniper.net |