Subject: Re: SCSI card question
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/05/1999 13:56:28
On Sun, Jul 04, 1999 at 03:11:46PM -0500, Dave Huang wrote:
> I've had one in my system for a year or so, with two Quantum Viking
> 4.5GB drives hooked up to it. The card itself is nice; automatic
> termination, activity LED and a good BIOS configuration utility.
> However, some people have a lot of trouble with the NetBSD driver for
> it. I guess I've been pretty lucky; I haven't had any major problems

I guess there are more peoples happy with this driver than peoples who have
problems. I have ncr810 or 875-based boards in a lot of machines,
from my home machine to the backup server at work, a file server for
about 20 clients, and mail/www/ftp server for ~100 users, I don't have
any troubles. You shouldn't have any as long as you use SCSI-2 or better
devices, and take care of terminations (the driver has troubles recovering
from SCSI transport failures, I've got problems when trying to use old
SCSI devices mixed with scsi2 devices on this board).