Subject: problems with inn
To: Port-i386 <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/04/1999 19:52:49
(Where should I post pkgsrc related questions, anyway? :)

I'm running inn2.1 (from pkgsrc) on a box with 4 * 18 GB SCSI disks.
Everything worked fine for a few days, but then something went south:
When I try to read an article from group a.b.c, I see the article title
in slrn, but when I select the article, I get an article from a totally
different group (no cross-posting has been used).

I have configured inn to use four 16 GB files as cycbuffs to store all
newsgroups.  Is it possible that either inn or NetBSD 1.3.3 has problems
with files this big?  Has anyone else seen the problem before?

I'm configuring inn to use 2 GB files now, hoping that this would fix
the problem..

BTW, this 350 MHz pentium with 512 MB RAM manages a "full" newsfeed just
fine.. other than the problem described above ;)

Thanks,

  -jm