Subject: RE: FW: NE2000 driver
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Murray Armfield <murray@gem.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/02/1999 16:15:05
Thanks,
		That gives me good reason to suspect NT network integration
with NetBSD. There is a reasonable speed difference between the two systems.
I will look into it and report back at a later date.
	With the comment on Windows drivers, do you mean the network
settings that Windows detects through the card of the network, or windows
detection of the device itself.
	Familiar with switches, routers and bridges. Don't think poor hub is
to blame. Also the hubs at my work are full-duplex as that's the network
configuration picked up by my network card. Just finished looking through a
manual for an Intel hub but it didn't explicitly say one way or the other.
Switches can be configured one way or the other. Bearing this in mind both
types of hub should be available but I haven't encountered a half-duplex
only model. A full-duplex model should support half-duplex but probably
depends on manufacturer.

Murray Armfield
Murray@gem.com.au