Subject: Re: FW: NE2000 driver
To: Murray Armfield <murray@gem.com.au>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/02/1999 00:37:16
On Fri, 2 Jul 1999, Murray Armfield wrote:

: OK, I understand the aspect of being able to hear one's own transmissions. I
: had a look at the flags in net/if.h and I understand your point. My problem
: is that transmission rates across this interface are literally half what NT
: can do so I strongly suspected an inappropirately configured device.

The `SIMPLEX' flag has nothing to do with full-duplex mode.

Assuming the card is PCI with the ability to switch to full-duplex on the
fly, an `ifconfig -m ne2' should reveal the available media types and media
options which can be passed to ifconfig's `media' and `mediaopt' options.

--
-- Todd Vierling (tv@pobox.com)