Subject: Re: Virtual sessions (F keys?) and NFS router (ATP)
To: Grant Stockly <gussie@stockly.com>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/13/1999 16:03:37
On Sun, Jun 13, 1999 at 12:10:59AM -0800, Grant Stockly wrote:
> I want to have virtual sessions on my PC with 1.4.
It's there - but not enabled as default:

Make sure, wscons is set to "YES" in /etc/rc.conf
Enable (uncomment) some additional screens in /etc/wscons.conf:
screen 1 80x25 vt100
screen 2 80x25 vt100
[...]

Enable (uncomment) the ttys in /etc/ttys:
ttyE1   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt100   on secure
ttyE2   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt100   on secure
[...]

For more info, RTF(ine)M: wscons(4), wsconsfg(8), ttys(5).

If you are using X I suggest that you have an "screen 7" enabled
in wscons.conf and start X with "vt8". For xdm you have to edit
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xservers, e.g:
:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X +kb dpms -bpp 16 dpms vt8
If you use xdm3d the path is slightly different but more logical:
/usr/X11R6/share/xdm3d/Xservers
This way you can switch between X and the other consoles with
CTRL-ALT-F# (8 for X).

(I'm used to 8, you can use something else of course, if you want :-)
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.