Subject: still probs with this machine
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Tobias Seiler <tobias.seiler@privat.kkf.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/06/1999 19:53:52
Hi there,

I still have trouble with installing this machine.

After fiddeling out that the card for the CDROM is not a soundcard but a
sh** fu*** Mitsumi controller card, I had connected the harddrive to a
different machine and installed NetBSD 1.3.3 on this machine to this
harddrive.

Whenever I try to boot the machine that should work with this installation
(not the one I installed the system with) with NetBSD it probs all the
things ok, but after telling me what biomask and ttymask was chosen it
hangs.
Only the install disks kernel will work ok
I tried it with 1.3.2, with 1.3.3 and 1.4_BETA
The problem with 1.4_BETA is another one, it hangs in the installation when
the harddisk was newfsed and it trys to populate the filesystem.

Any idea is welcome.

The machine is a 486DX with 133 MHz and 8 megs of RAM.
It has an 486SX33MHz mainboard with ISA slots only (some 16bit, 2 8bit).
The harddrive a Western Digital Caviar 2120 with 120 megs.

If there is something do you want to know please feel free to ask me.

!! The machine doesn't have a networking card yet !!!

Bye, Tobias