Subject: Re: What ahppened to sysinst in 1.4 | more | more
To: Tony Hernandez <Tony.Hernandez@intellon.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/29/1999 23:08:00
On Thu, Apr 29, 1999 at 04:03:24PM -0400, Tony Hernandez wrote:

> I found out part of the problem. sysinst was not getting the correct number
> of cylinders from the bios for some reason. I edited this to reflect the
> correct cylinders as shown in the bios . When I get to the "Choose your
> installation" screen
> it says :
>
> The NetBSD part of your disk is -1134.41 Megabytes.
> Standard requires etc........

Could you give me some information on your system? What is the geometry
actually set in your BIOS? What did sysinst think the BIOS geometry was?
With just one harddisk in your system (I assume), sysinst should know
the right geometry info now. I assume you were using the 1.4 beta
install floppy?

I have seen the weird Megabyte size message before. That needs to be
fixed. I hope I can reproduce it myself.

- Frank