Subject: Re: AMD SCSI driver? Another soul lost in Deskpro XL limbo...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/29/1999 21:02:36

  :
> I have not got the 79c974 manual yet so I don't know how
> should it be probed. I'm not familiar with PCI register
> mappings...

I've got the manual and noticed that 79c974 has two independent
PCI configuration registers and has two device IDs 2000h and 2020h.
So it should be probed as two independent le and pcscp devices
by current (and also snapshot) kernel.

There is no description of the device ID 2040h, which is declared in
/sys/dev/pci/pcidevs. Hmm...
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp