Subject: panic: pmap_zero_page: lock botch
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/26/1999 12:06:04
With a kernel from wenesday sources, I got several panics
'pmap_zero_page: lock botch'. I also got a uvm_fault and random core dumps
of processes. This was under mid-load (6-8 load average, several compilation
running).
A reliable way to get the pmap_zero_page: lock botch panic is to run
'make -j4 clean' in an already-clean /usr/src (lots of fork/exits).
This is not likely a hardware problem, as this machine has run flawlessly for
2 years now, and I didn't change anything in the hardware config in the last
months. (it's my home machine, so it's used to run a lot of gcc processes
in parallel :)
Did someone else notice this ? I'll see if I can reproduce this on another box
later today.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>