Subject: Re: 1.3K snapshot problems...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/25/1999 18:13:32
On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Matthew Orgass wrote:

>   I just upgraded my desktop 1.3I (December snapshot) and ThinkPad 360P
> 1.3.3 to 1.3K.  The desktop install went fine, but when I got to the
> ThinkPad, sysinst cored upon exiting the fdisk screen.  newfs also cored.
> However, installboot worked fine, as did rm -rf *, gzcat, and tar, so I
> did get the system onto the drive.  The 1.3.3 install had worked
> perfectly.

  I just noticed that newfs cores with a bus error, so I suspect this is
a result of the floating point emulation bug.

  Also, there seem to be major problems with MSDOSFS:
mkdir newdir
mkdir: newdir: Is a directory [but it just created it...]

tar xvf distfi~1.tar
tar: cannot change owner of distfiles to uid 234 gid 0 : No such file or
directory [but I don't have a uid 234...]

  and tar proceeds to create distfi~1 - dist~XXX directories until it is
killed.

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@pgh.net