Subject: Re: boot images
To: None <seebs@plethora.net>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/25/1999 20:30:32
> >Not sure it's in committable shape, though, e.g. it uses an
> >out-of-tree tool (mkisofs, from pgksrc) to construct the image.
>
> No problem.
>
> *sigh*.  Turns out I lose anyway - my thinkpad can't boot a CD
> with a 2.88MB image.  Just puts a cursor at the top of the
> screen and hangs.

Hm, right.  But if the object is to be able to install without
access to a network, you can still get by with two floppies (for
booting and installing) and the CD.  The floppy images are as a
matter of fact also on the CD.

But I agree, if the object is to install only using the CD, some
machines apparently can't deal with the 2.88MB floppy image on
the CD.

- H=E5vaard