Subject: More on my mysterious X failures...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/25/1999 11:28:07
So, I'm using wscons (good idea?  bad idea?) on my laptop, and X starts fine,
but dies painfully.  I discovered that if I use 'startx', I get a 'sh.core',
and it looks like wait4() is generating a SIGQUIT while waiting for xinit
to terminate.

Skimming a ktrace, it looks like xterm writes a prompt fine.  Then it
waits for input.  XF86 starts trying to read from fd 6 and fd 8.  fd 6 was
opened from /dev/ttyE0; fd 8 was /dev/pms0.  fd6 constantly yields "resource
temporarily unavailable".  When I hit return, this apparently stops - but XF86
just starts killing everything in sight.

Any ideas?  Should I not have configured for wscons?  Should I have configured
wscons differently?

-s