Subject: (ELF?)
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/24/1999 10:57:53
Is there a list of things that does't work yet? Appart from the usual
cross-compilation problems, I've come across these:

*) fdisk/mbr/mbr gets wrong size (808 bytes), should be fairly easy to
   fix
*) the _start/__start ld lossage - was this fixed?

On the same subject, the a.out emulation, is this really a good idea?
When running a.out binaries I tend to be imensly confused by the fact
that /usr is someplace else, and things like shell completion doesn't
work well. Are there any advantages over using a specially built
ldconfig that looks in some directory other than /usr/lib (like
/usr/lib/aout, or for that matter /emul/aout/usr/lib)?

Is there a timeframe for a general switch to ELF?

/Johan